You’re Invited! A Virtual Book Club
Hey Fam! We're super excited to announce our very first Virtual Book Club! There's something to be said for gathering with like-minded people to learn and grow, without judgment and the best part...you don't even have to leave the house. Yep...no pants required! The only thing you'll need is the book, some time, and a strong motivation to level up your conscious parenting game.
We wanted to make sure we started the book club with a book that will give you a foundational knowledge of what it means to be a conscious parent before delving into discipline or communication techniques, so we chose, "The Conscious Parent" by Dr. Shefali Tsabary, Ph.D. Many times parenting advice is all about modifying or controlling our children's behaviour. Starting April 1 and over the course of 6 weeks, we'll read The Conscious Parent, breaking it down into digestible and actionable bites to help us learn how to react to our child's behaviour gently and with more compassionate, building a harmonious parent-child relationship built on emotional intelligence and respect. Sounds a lot like CPTism #9. This book is the truth. She pulls no punches and it will transform you in so many ways. Excited yet?
Here's how it'll work...
HOW IT WORKS:
Since it's a virtual book club, we're going to use a Facebook group to facilitate the discussion and help keep things organized. We wanted to make the book club space small and private, so we're limiting our virtual club to 20 parents. Spaces are on first come, first basis. In order to be admitted into the book club, you must do the following
- Be a member of our Facebook group Conscious Parenting for The Culture (membership guidelines apply)
- Reply with your intent to join the club in the dedicated book club thread within the group.
- Purchase your copy of "The Conscious Parent" before March 25, 2019. You MUST buy the physical book to be able to participate. No audiobooks or ebooks, please. Click here to get your copy ---> https://amzn.to/2CicEnR
- Post a picture in the Facebook group with yourself and the book in the group using the hashtag #cptbookclub
- Sign-up to receive the Conscious Book Club emails (see below)
The first 20 parents to do this will be admitted into the private book club Facebook group.
If you can't make it into the book club, that's ok! We'd still love for you to purchase the book and learn how to be a more conscious parent. At the end of the book, we'll post a review which will include key takeaways and lessons learned from our book club discussions.
- Questions? Comments? Let us know! We'd love to hear from you! Thanks for being part of our digital village of conscious parents. Hope to see you in the book club!
Want to win a copy of "The Conscious Parent"? Just sign up to receive the CPT newsletter below and be entered to win one of four copies. Contest starts March 15, 2019 at 6pm, PST and ends March 20, 2019 11:59pm. We'll randomly draw four names and mail your copy before the book club starts. Good luck!